This seminar grew out of the planned April 2020 bilateral workshop on mathematical data from Ljubljana to an online setting.
The main goal is to build and interconnect the community of people interested in data generated within mathematical research as well as data related to mathematics in other ways.
The seminar will aim for a relaxed atmosphere and shorter talks, with plenty of time for discussion.
- Time: Fridays, 14:00-15:30 (12:00-13:30 UTC)
- Zoom ID of the seminar will be posted with each announcement.
Announcements will be posted on the KWARC mathematical data mailing list.
MathDataHub - your dataset, but FAIR
- Time: Friday, May 22, 2020 from 14:00 to 15:30 (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2)
- Location: online at Zoom ID: 998 0468 1137
- Speaker: Tom Wiesing (FAU)
Abstract. MathDataHub provides dataset hosting and a searchable interface for the hosted dataset. It was developed by Katja Berčič, Michael Kohlhase, Florian Rabe, and Tom Wiesing. In this talk I will give a basic introduction and overview of the system.
An overview of mathematical data (Welcome to the seminar)
- Time: Friday, May 8, 2020 from 14:00 to 15:30 (Central European Summer Time, UTC+2)
- Location: online at Zoom ID: 995-5145-1656
- Speaker: Katja Berčič (FAU)
Abstract. I will present some of the topics that are relevant for data in mathematics: the state of the art, technical and theoretical issues that arise, as well as broader trends in scientific research data.