KWARC Projects and Software
The KWARC group has developed various added value services based on OMDoc-encoded content, including a mathematical knowledge base, a semantic search engine, management of change, a semantic wiki, mathematical web services, and invasive OMDoc editing technologies. Furthermore, the group works on the utilization of OMDoc to provide Logic Interoperability and to establish scientific Communities of Practice.
- arXMLiv : Translating the arXiv to XML+MathML
- the arXiv e-print repository contains probably the largest corpus of scientific literature in the world. Unfortunately, its contents are locked up in the TeX/LaTeX format, which makes it nearly useless for knowledge management techniques. We translate it to XML and uncover it's structural semantics.
- CPoint : Semantic Markup for PowerPoint
- CPoint is an invasive editor for OMDoc, it allows to edit OMDoc course materials in the MS Office world
- OMDoc and CNX Document Ontology
This project aims at developing a document ontology, a formal description the structures of documents independently from their syntax. We are particularly interested in document ontologies for semantic markup languages.
So far, we have modeled a document ontology of the semantic markup language CNXML 0.5 and a partial document ontology of the mathematical semantic markup language OMDoc 1.2.
- Krextor : The KWARC RDF extractor
- Krextor is an extensible XSLT-based framework for extracting RDF from XML, supporting multiple input languages as well as multiple output RDF notations.
- LaMaPUn : The Language and Mathematics Processing and Understanding Group
- The LaMaPUn group aims at developing tools and investigating research topics in Natural Language Processing in the context of the arXMLiv corpus.
- locutor : An ontology-driven management of change based on Subversion.
- The design of the locutor system aims to provide management of change functionality for arbitrary XML documents ranging from informal, e.g. instruction or construction manuals, to formal documents.
- JOMDoc : A Java API for OMDoc documents.
- JOMDoc is Java API for OMDoc documents that facilitates the parsing of OMDoc XML documents into a Java data structure, to manipulate them conveniently, and to serialize the result back to XML.
- MathWebSearch : A semantic formula search engine
- A search engine for mathematical formulae that is based on content markup
- mdpm : A collection of model-based diff, patch, and merge algorithms.
- The design of the mdpm system aims to provide model-based diff, patch, and merge algorithms for arbitrary semi-structured documents.
- mmlkit : A toolkit for - a library for presenting content MathML and OpenMath.
- Please note that mmlkit has been fully reimplemented in JOMDoc.
- TNTBase : A Distributed Versioned Storage for Mathematics
- TNTBase is a database which is optimized for storing mathematical documents in OMDoc format. It is based on Subversion and Berkeley DB XML.
- OMDoc : An Open Format for Mathematical Documents
- OMDoc is a content-oriented knowledge representation format for Mathematics
- panta rhei : A reader for active documents.
- panta rhei provides configurable views on semantic documents.
- sTeX : Semantic Markup for LaTeX
- The TeX/LaTeX workflow is deeply embedded into mathematical practice. Therefore the sTeX system allows to embed structural semantics into documents.
- SWiM : A Semantic Wiki for Mathematical Knowledge Management
- Wiki technology allows to groups of authors to collaborate on maintaining document collections. This the SWiM system is based on format and provides added-value services based the structural semantics
- TheoScrutor : A Theory Search Engine
- A search engine for theory inclusions in large repositories of formaliyed mathematics based on formula normalization modulo an equational theory.
Furthermore, we develop and maintain various tools that make life in the projects simpler.
All the software developed in the KWARC projects is released under open source licenses. If you are interested in joining one of these projects or contributing, please contact the responsible group members or email@example.com.